Skip to main content

Travel journal~


  There's something wonderful about traveling, maybe it's the fact that traveling allows a change in perspective, gives the opportunity to learn about that particular place.  Or maybe it's a change from our daily routine which is what everyone needs from time to time.

  I love the idea of traveling mainly because it allows me to capture the true essence of life. From the photography of landscapes to admiring the natural beauty, you'll always find my camera roll filled with pictures of nature!

  Just recently, I traveled to my homeland Karachi to visit my nephew who's less than a month old! Which meant going bonkers over how adorable his size is, to never leaving his side while trying my best to not completely gobble him up! I've got most of my family in Karachi which is why visiting once a year is common and bubbles the same level of excitement in me every time!

  From meeting my extended family to going overboard on mangoes to acting like a tourist, there's nothing else that would suffice. Although, I have to admit, acting like a tourist in your homeland is a weird position to be in but on the bright side, I got to know more about the place after visiting the museums and historical sites!

  One of the many things I find amusing about Karachi is how active the people are most of the time. Markets, shopping malls, cafes practically the whole city is always packed with people doing various things which make the ambiance more energetic! However, too much of it leaves me drained from time to time. Going to Karachi means getting to shop for items I don't use often after returning home and eating to the point where even the thought of food makes me nauseous. One way people tend to welcome you to Pakistan is by feeding you...constantly, which means I have to mentally prepare myself for 4+ meals a day! From breakfast to brunch to lunch to snack time to dinner to late night tea, you'll never go home on an empty stomach!

  I spent the majority of my trip getting dressed up in traditional clothes, meeting people, exploring the city, not to mention gaining a couple kgs and taking pictures of everything I find amusing. As I come to an end to this blog post I realized just how fast time flies and before you know it, you're on the plane ride back home! 



One of the many cafes you'll get to see in this city. Most of them have a very aesthetic interior to them.

This was my first time visiting the Mohatta Palace which was built in the late 1920s. It used to be a summer house for the Mohatta family. It looks so extravagant and totally worth going to!

One of the museums I visited before completely melting in the torturous heat but it showcases the original submarines and teaches a lot about the life of submariner's and we got to see what they look like from inside which I found pretty cool!


Lastly, one of the most famous restaurants in the city mainly because we get to eat with a pleasant view of the sea which gives a sense of comfort!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as we know it.

 The term YOLO sounds so simple yet so particularly deep. Sure, we live only once but we also experience each day once which sounds bizarre considering we live every day in the same pattern.  Every day that we live, every minute that passes by never comes back almost like we’ll never relive today again even if tomorrow feels the same!   This makes me wonder how a small improvement to a 24 hour day can change the way we live it. I sometimes find myself pondering life. How it’s the perfect balance of consistency and inconsistency, how one decision made today can completely alter the route of your life the next day. It’s the perception of realizing that there are so many people in this world who we’ll never know, who will never have any impact on us or whose life we’ll never be a part of.   It’s the notion that no matter how slow or fast time flies, it’s always somehow moving forward and never stationary. It’s the awareness that happiness can be attained if we’re pleased with all

Feelings ~ 5/9/23

Isn't life truly fascinating? It's remarkable how a single moment in a person's life can alter what seems predetermined as fate and destiny, yet in our eyes, it's merely a moment of interchangeable paths – that instance when life takes an unexpected yet incredibly beautiful turn. These are the moments that, once entered, leave us forever changed. Perhaps it's destiny gently guiding events towards a perfect ending. There's a yearning for home and belonging, even in places that no longer hold that feeling. Not because of sad events, but because moments evolve into cherished memories, and life has ushered us along a different path. These are the moments that beckon reflection. As you sit in that exact spot, in the same seat, you can't help but wonder how those moments have transformed into memories, sometimes overlooked as life's hustle takes center stage. Isn't it beautiful how one ordinary step on an average day, at the most ordinary time, can become

A writing discovery.

So I've been having difficulties coming up with a blog topic, then I figured why not talk about that? When I initially started writing, I had this idea in my head that the things I write should always have a purpose and be of an excellent caliber, but as time passed, I realized that wasn't always the case. Blogging does not always have to be about discussing things that need to be heard by the majority. To be realistic, it can be as straightforward as writing about your day. Blogging, in my perspective, is essentially open-access journaling.  We express our feelings simply by talking about them, and we receive a response that usually goes something like "I can absolutely empathize with this". There's something restorative about writing, even if it's about the most illogical of subjects.  It's the human connection we feel while discussing significant moments in our lives that might have a completely different impact on someone else depending on where that m