Skip to main content

A walk down memory lane.


  
  Nostalgia hits different when you get the time to look back at all the pictures and videos made in the past. There's something particularly exciting about it...about looking through videos of all the stuff you thought were so important back then when really, it was merely ponderous. 

  I recently spent a good amount of time sorting through google drive but ended up rewatching every video I've ever made since early year 8. From being taught math by one of the most intimidating teachers to saying yes when she asked me to take a picture of her with the school charts we were asked to decorate, I can't believe I saved all those videos throughout the years. 

  From making jars of happiness for my sister and cousin as their wedding gifts to forgetting about it the moment I gave it to them, there was this sense of achievement I felt. As if I had done something so incredible when really, it was just a jar with happy notes inside! Or the time I decided to write an emotional letter a day before traveling stating how sad I'll feel on returning back home and mentioning what everyone was doing that night just to make it more dramatic. I guess I love torturing myself by looking back at those memories from time to time! 

  Moreover, I'll never forget the time my best friend and I thought sitting in a shopping cart and racing through the mall would make us look cool when really we looked like silly kids who have nothing better to do! Or the time I dressed up as Mother Earth for a fashion show held at my school only to end up looking like a goth with hangers running down my hair which was supposed to look like a crown with flower petals attached. And let's not forget how eventful Senior year was when the main highlight of that year was getting to eat cheese roti with warm tea! In between all those hilarious and embarrassing moments, I didn't realize I had spent the some of the best years with people who I'm lucky to still have around me!

  From spending the past 9 months with neighbors who felt more like family, to saying goodbye to them as they moved to different cities, I realized just how lucky I was to have met them!
   So yeah, nostalgia hits different when you look back at all the memories but you end up reliving one of the best moments of your life for a split second which is what makes it so special! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as we know it.

 The term YOLO sounds so simple yet so particularly deep. Sure, we live only once but we also experience each day once which sounds bizarre considering we live every day in the same pattern.  Every day that we live, every minute that passes by never comes back almost like we’ll never relive today again even if tomorrow feels the same!   This makes me wonder how a small improvement to a 24 hour day can change the way we live it. I sometimes find myself pondering life. How it’s the perfect balance of consistency and inconsistency, how one decision made today can completely alter the route of your life the next day. It’s the perception of realizing that there are so many people in this world who we’ll never know, who will never have any impact on us or whose life we’ll never be a part of.   It’s the notion that no matter how slow or fast time flies, it’s always somehow moving forward and never stationary. It’s the awareness that happiness can be attained if we’re pleased with all

Feelings ~ 5/9/23

Isn't life truly fascinating? It's remarkable how a single moment in a person's life can alter what seems predetermined as fate and destiny, yet in our eyes, it's merely a moment of interchangeable paths – that instance when life takes an unexpected yet incredibly beautiful turn. These are the moments that, once entered, leave us forever changed. Perhaps it's destiny gently guiding events towards a perfect ending. There's a yearning for home and belonging, even in places that no longer hold that feeling. Not because of sad events, but because moments evolve into cherished memories, and life has ushered us along a different path. These are the moments that beckon reflection. As you sit in that exact spot, in the same seat, you can't help but wonder how those moments have transformed into memories, sometimes overlooked as life's hustle takes center stage. Isn't it beautiful how one ordinary step on an average day, at the most ordinary time, can become

A writing discovery.

So I've been having difficulties coming up with a blog topic, then I figured why not talk about that? When I initially started writing, I had this idea in my head that the things I write should always have a purpose and be of an excellent caliber, but as time passed, I realized that wasn't always the case. Blogging does not always have to be about discussing things that need to be heard by the majority. To be realistic, it can be as straightforward as writing about your day. Blogging, in my perspective, is essentially open-access journaling.  We express our feelings simply by talking about them, and we receive a response that usually goes something like "I can absolutely empathize with this". There's something restorative about writing, even if it's about the most illogical of subjects.  It's the human connection we feel while discussing significant moments in our lives that might have a completely different impact on someone else depending on where that m