Skip to main content

My first and last all-nighter


  Have you ever stressed about an important exam that you decided pulling an all-nighter was the only way to get things done? Yeah, I tried that once for my 9th-grade final, that was my first and last attempt at pulling an all-nighter.

  Since I’m not really a night owl, staying up all night felt like the longest most dreadful task I’ve ever had to do. Everything was going great up until midnight and I actually felt proud of getting that far...but that’s when everything suddenly turned around.

  It initially started with the nonstop yawning every 2 seconds. And since I heard how downing coffee helps you stay awake, my 13-year-old self went for it. By 2 am I had already downed 3 cups of coffee because I didn't feel any more awake than before. That’s when the panic set in, I was getting nothing done and couldn’t help but doze off every time I looked at my textbook.

  So I decided to call my best friend to help me out and well, it gave me some sense of comfort knowing I wasn’t the only going through a tough time! We ended up doing a few math problems until I just couldn’t push myself anymore.

  By 3 am I decided to call it a night but hey the worst part is yet to come!

 I couldn't get any sleep and that’s when I realized the coffee really did help me stay awake but it wasn't doing me any favor at that point. I basically dozed off around 4.30 am and had to get up 2 hours later which was a bizarre feeling. My head was spinning and I felt the strongest wave of nausea hit me.

  I gave the final with half my brain cells functioning and that my friends, is the story of how my first and last all-nighter was a complete nightmare. I think that’s when I started getting into a habit of waking up early instead of staying up all night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as we know it.

 The term YOLO sounds so simple yet so particularly deep. Sure, we live only once but we also experience each day once which sounds bizarre considering we live every day in the same pattern.  Every day that we live, every minute that passes by never comes back almost like we’ll never relive today again even if tomorrow feels the same!   This makes me wonder how a small improvement to a 24 hour day can change the way we live it. I sometimes find myself pondering life. How it’s the perfect balance of consistency and inconsistency, how one decision made today can completely alter the route of your life the next day. It’s the perception of realizing that there are so many people in this world who we’ll never know, who will never have any impact on us or whose life we’ll never be a part of.   It’s the notion that no matter how slow or fast time flies, it’s always somehow moving forward and never stationary. It’s the awareness that happiness can be attained if we’re pleased with all

Feelings ~ 5/9/23

Isn't life truly fascinating? It's remarkable how a single moment in a person's life can alter what seems predetermined as fate and destiny, yet in our eyes, it's merely a moment of interchangeable paths – that instance when life takes an unexpected yet incredibly beautiful turn. These are the moments that, once entered, leave us forever changed. Perhaps it's destiny gently guiding events towards a perfect ending. There's a yearning for home and belonging, even in places that no longer hold that feeling. Not because of sad events, but because moments evolve into cherished memories, and life has ushered us along a different path. These are the moments that beckon reflection. As you sit in that exact spot, in the same seat, you can't help but wonder how those moments have transformed into memories, sometimes overlooked as life's hustle takes center stage. Isn't it beautiful how one ordinary step on an average day, at the most ordinary time, can become

A writing discovery.

So I've been having difficulties coming up with a blog topic, then I figured why not talk about that? When I initially started writing, I had this idea in my head that the things I write should always have a purpose and be of an excellent caliber, but as time passed, I realized that wasn't always the case. Blogging does not always have to be about discussing things that need to be heard by the majority. To be realistic, it can be as straightforward as writing about your day. Blogging, in my perspective, is essentially open-access journaling.  We express our feelings simply by talking about them, and we receive a response that usually goes something like "I can absolutely empathize with this". There's something restorative about writing, even if it's about the most illogical of subjects.  It's the human connection we feel while discussing significant moments in our lives that might have a completely different impact on someone else depending on where that m