Skip to main content

Appreciating small progress✨


    School life has got to be the most memorable yet frustrating and exhausting part of every teenager's life, from making amazing friends, to losing friends you thought would stay in your life forever, to going through some really tough times keeping up with your grades or assignments, school life has taught us that things take a turn for the worse but also for the best, and all we can do is hope to keep our sanity by the end of it!
 
    One important lesson I've learned at scbool, is that not everything has to be about your grades and that we can live a happy and successful life even if we don't get straight A's , which I think not many understand these days. Now don't get me wrong, getting A's is great,but it's time to start appreciating kids that put in all their efforts just to end up with a C and a demotivating comment from a teacher leaving them feeling hopeless.

 You never know when your life takes a turn for the best. Just because some people take more time than others, doesn't mean they're incapable, everyone works on their own time and that's totally okay.
Always remember, there's a difference between being smart and getting good grades.

  The point I really want to emphasize on, is that there are always gonna be people who're smarter than you, have more friends than you or seem to have cooler clothes than you, but that in no way makes you less capable or less important than them! You're your own person and that's what makes you different and unique!

  I wanna share a small story in this post, I basically never liked physics, always dreaded it...I still dread it and because I simply don't have any interest , I never did well and almost always hoped to  "just pass"in my exam,  so during my ASlevel mock exams, my teacher asked me if I was sure about giving my finals in May, because she thought I wasn't ready and wouldn't do well, but I still gave the exam in hopes of doing better but as you'd expect..I din't,  but I din't let that get to me and kept trying my best because I knew, it would eventually get better and my hard work would someday pay off.

  So long story short, A2 started and november exams rolled by with a blink of an eye and again, I did all I could to bring my grade up, and to my surprise...and my teacher's haha, I got a good grade and this is just an example of how hard work pays off even if it takes years to show. I mean the last time I did well in physics was I think 3years ago!

  My point being, I wish more of us start congratulating ourselves on the small progress we make, no matter how small it is, it's always better than no progress at all right? Let's appreciate our hard work and be our own inspiration, it's going to change your life in ways you never thought was possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as we know it.

 The term YOLO sounds so simple yet so particularly deep. Sure, we live only once but we also experience each day once which sounds bizarre considering we live every day in the same pattern.  Every day that we live, every minute that passes by never comes back almost like we’ll never relive today again even if tomorrow feels the same!   This makes me wonder how a small improvement to a 24 hour day can change the way we live it. I sometimes find myself pondering life. How it’s the perfect balance of consistency and inconsistency, how one decision made today can completely alter the route of your life the next day. It’s the perception of realizing that there are so many people in this world who we’ll never know, who will never have any impact on us or whose life we’ll never be a part of.   It’s the notion that no matter how slow or fast time flies, it’s always somehow moving forward and never stationary. It’s the awareness that happiness can be attained if we’re pleased with all

Feelings ~ 5/9/23

Isn't life truly fascinating? It's remarkable how a single moment in a person's life can alter what seems predetermined as fate and destiny, yet in our eyes, it's merely a moment of interchangeable paths – that instance when life takes an unexpected yet incredibly beautiful turn. These are the moments that, once entered, leave us forever changed. Perhaps it's destiny gently guiding events towards a perfect ending. There's a yearning for home and belonging, even in places that no longer hold that feeling. Not because of sad events, but because moments evolve into cherished memories, and life has ushered us along a different path. These are the moments that beckon reflection. As you sit in that exact spot, in the same seat, you can't help but wonder how those moments have transformed into memories, sometimes overlooked as life's hustle takes center stage. Isn't it beautiful how one ordinary step on an average day, at the most ordinary time, can become

A writing discovery.

So I've been having difficulties coming up with a blog topic, then I figured why not talk about that? When I initially started writing, I had this idea in my head that the things I write should always have a purpose and be of an excellent caliber, but as time passed, I realized that wasn't always the case. Blogging does not always have to be about discussing things that need to be heard by the majority. To be realistic, it can be as straightforward as writing about your day. Blogging, in my perspective, is essentially open-access journaling.  We express our feelings simply by talking about them, and we receive a response that usually goes something like "I can absolutely empathize with this". There's something restorative about writing, even if it's about the most illogical of subjects.  It's the human connection we feel while discussing significant moments in our lives that might have a completely different impact on someone else depending on where that m